Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What My Life Looks Like Now #1


This is the very first post on this blog, and this is approximately what my life looks like right now. 

Copy of a 19th century sketch (by yours truly), vintage Japanese tea jar, turned vase, and other bric-a-brac in my bedroom. I love warm colors and combining strange and bizarre little objects that I have picked up in my travels.


The view from my bedroom at the vineyard where I lived in Italy.

The Roman Forum


Lemon Poppyseed Cake
Brown wrapping paper provides a wealth of opportunity. I made an origami windmill and sealed it with my signet ring to decorate one of the packages; the other is adorned by a simple ribbon.

In what might be called pre-emptive excitement for Fall, I collected a bundle of some sort of wild grain and put in my lovely art-deco faience vase, atop an art-deco vanity from my great-grandmother.
My floor is pretty much covered with books now, as I prepare to return to my more urban haunt at college.

No comments:

Post a Comment